Thursday, February 9, 2012

South America Motorcycle Road Trip : Riding Travel Log : Day 10 | Lima to Ica

Day 10: Lima to Ica

Another long desert riding day with occasional gusty wind blowing fine sand all over. I recalled Peru is just like the Philippines; the horrible traffic, the mototaxis, the food, rural houses and the agriculture products. The people differ though.

I had a short break for Rajos too.Traffic is mainly dominates by heavy trucks and double-decker buses. They just zoom past me. On a brighter side, it is a free toll for motorbikes. There are signed of new construction over this stretch of the Pan American Highway.

Just after Lima city along the long stretch of the Pacific coast, there are lots of newly build apartments and condominiums. Yet another sign of foreign investments and property boom.

More pictures below :


Gusty wind bring sweeping fine sand across my path

Oh! What a sight! Sand castle?

Hard work for both man and animal. Any similarity with Mindanao?

It was all in all yet another riding day. I overnight at Ica Hostel by the road side and I am looking forward for the riding adventure tomorrow.

No comments: