Sunday, May 5, 2013

May 5, 2013

May 5, 2013
                    Today is a "special" day for Malaysia. The 13th General Election. I am not going to talk about politic as I have vowed in this blog it is purely motorcycle adventure travel only.
                  " One of the things that made motorcycling so great is because it never fails to give 
                     you a feeling of freedom and adventure" 
                                                                                  Steve McQueen 
I was looking at the past motos that have brought me to places in this world. These two come up all the time.

Blue "Penguin" aka Camel KLR

Red "Penguin" aka Rojos KLR
These bikes is not about Miles Per Hour but Miles Per Day. I have ditch em, mud them, cross partial river, work in farm, carry heavy fence poles and equipment, snow, high altitude, storm, desert, tropical rain, took diesel, remote workshop repair, parked infront of 4 star hotel, jungle camping and high wind. Most of all its dirt cheap to run. Now you know why the US Marine still used this machine in their inventory.
  This day, I still admire the KLR. A bike to keep.

No comments: