Saturday, May 19, 2012

South America Adventure Ride 2012

Day 56 - 65 
                    Riding Ruta 3 towards  Buenos Aires can be boring. Strong wind and hot. Comodoro Rivadia is not a good place to stay overnight but not Puerto Madyrn. Puerto Madyrn is a popular whale, seal and sea lion sighting port during July to December. So, this is off-season.
                 In a town called Azul, I stayed with the many-riders spoke about Argentinian named Jorge (a biker lover and never turn-down any biker asking for shelter and assistance). Jorge is a great guy indeed.
               Buenos Aires is another big city. There nothing much for me to add. Few days spent here for maintenance and rest. The bike gets it tires changed. After this city I head further North towards Bolivia.
I had a special column about Bolivia. I thought this is the best place I ever ride into in this trip. However, my first overnight town in Bolivia (Tupiza) is met with a unforgettable incident - I got robbed! Also, my riding buddy (Daniel) from Argentina had a bad fall, broke his leg and   had to return back to Argentina. I pray his quick recovery and hope he continues his riding trip soon. Take care Brother.
            The Salar Salt Lake is perhaps another fantastic place I have visited in this North bound route. Just amazing! In Potosi, the bike had to undergo 'lung operation'because of too much dust from the previous day ride. Also, the bike accidentally  takes in diesel in the tank! That stupid pump girl surely does not deserved to work there. That mistake caused me a day ride and unnecessary cleaning at the fuel station and I look like a charlie by people around.
Road Tupiza to Uyuni
Loose gravel road
Typical landscape near Uyuni
Salt Flats Eyes
Salar De Uyuni - The Reflections
Crossing Llamas - Checking on me
Millions years rock formation
Plate tectonics at works
Icy road towards La Paz
The Death Valley road
           La Paz is considered the highest city in the world. It actually lies in a valley bordered by high Andes mountain ranges between 5000 to 6000m above seal level. Here I was introduced with the typical Inca food - Humitas.  I also visited the Yungus Valley - the most dangerous road in Bolivia.

No comments: