Monday, October 7, 2013

8 July 2013 - Mt Rushmore Nat Park US

It is 1st Ramadan on the Muslim calender month. Me, musafir.
 The ride from Little Bigfoot Battle Field crosses the large Bighorn basin of the Red Indian Reservation. Flat plain with some valleys and high mountain plateau. I was imagining that the Bigfoot tribe are looking down at me riding my iron horse across their domain. Salute Brother! I mean no harm. You big Chief no hostile? I recalled a joke about this. A young American woman got lost in the Indian reservation and stop-by a pool of water for a drink. A big Chief came by. She said, "Big Chief no hostile? The Chief replied " Big Chief .... style" You fill in that blank OK.
Like Big Chief squatting on rock in the Bighorn Basin
Bighorn Basin
Devil Tower near Rapids City
Devils Tower history
Needle Hwy, just outside Mt Rushmore
Needle Hwy info
From Mt Rushmore, I headed towards the Great Lakes. I fully remembered this Great Lakes since my early Secondary School in 1972, geography lesson. The geography teacher told us, to remember the name of the lakes just think this ' Some Man Had Equal Orange' that translates to S- Superior; M - Michigan; H-Huron; E -Erie and O - Ontario. I wondered then how these lakes look like. Now, I am here in person to see them after over 48 years reading and just seeing them in picture. I was so excited. This is one of my objective ride across Canada. So, here I come.....let see the Great Lakes. Some Man Had Equal Orange!

No comments: