Sunday, October 27, 2013

Vancouver to Fort St John

17 August 2013
    Leaving Vancouver behind I drove North towards Pemberton along Hwy North 99. This hwy is scenic route until Whistler , the 2010 winter olympic town. Rain welcome me along this route. After Pemberton, I continue to 100 Miles House. Very scenic and good road condition.
   Once I drove on Hwy 97 North, the road start to wind along the rim of the Canadian Rockies. As the  log trailers pass me on the opposite direction the smell of the newly cut down logs is just so good and fresh. Smell of the pine. On this hwy I also stop over at a corn field for a U-Pick farm. Interesting to see how they run their kebun. Much different from the palm oil kebun back home.
  From Prince George, I make short detour to Fort St John rather than going to Dawson City which is 10 km away.  This marked the start of the Alaskan highway.
Towards Pemberton

Meeting with a fellow biker 
 
Hwy 97   
By now I have 2 additional gas tanks
U-Pick sweet corn farm 
View along hwy 97
Destruction Bay, Yukon 
Mountain goats in middle of road 
Watch out! Bison grazing   
Road works near Beaver Creek, Canada

I continued along the Alaskan Highway and cross border into Alaska at the Beaver Creek, Canada border. Next, into Alaska.

No comments: