Monday, October 21, 2013

The Great Lake experiences and Canadian Prairie


1 August 2013 

   I had the golden opportunity to ride around the 5 lakes. I crossed Lake Superior and Huron via the Mackinac Bridge. Observed how the water level of Lake Superior being levelled to allow vessels to sail through the Lake Michigan at Sault Ste Marie, rare  opportunity of tasting smoke fish; Whitefish, Herring and wild rice from the Great Lakes. Of course view the Niagara Falls from both side of Canada and US. Ride along 1000 Island Highway along St Lawrence river to Lake Ontario. Fantastic view of  the pictograph at Agawa Bay in Lake Superior.
Different water levels of the Great Lakes 
Fellow bikers along the road 
Suspension bridge, at Eagle Canyon near Thunder Bay 
Touch the water of lake Erie
2055 Time Capsule. 
Not sure I have the time to revisit this place in 2055. Insha Allah.  

Mercantile nations 
Point where water divide it flows to the different Oceans
Moving on Westward, I leave the Great lakes behind me and from Fort Frances to Steinbach along Highway 7, Canada, I entered the vast Canadian Prairie.   

Vinola plant in the Prairie  
....as far as you can see  
Canadian oil in the Prairie
..and the Prairie thunder storm coming my way.  
It was the most boring ride along the Prairie but you never know unless you experience yourself. The ride West  continues..

No comments: