Friday, October 25, 2013

RN SC Mini Reunion

11 August 2013. Meeting old sailor mates.

It was such a memorable moment for us Paul, Brian and me when we met in Paul's house in Victoria on 12 August 2013. We last met on November 1987 in London where we attended the Royal Navy staff course at the RN College in Greenwich, London.
 From Vancouver city to Victoria, I took the BC Ferry. All motorbikes were assigned a lane and asked to board the ferry first. Tied- down the bike and you wonder around the 3 stories ferry for a 1.5 hour cruise towards the Vancouver Island. It is so nice to be at sea again.
Tied-down on deck. Observe the wooden blocks.

Motos parking bay on deck


Steering NW direction 


Victoria Harbour 

Juan De Fuca Straits and leading to Pacific Ocean  

Paul and Me  
Left to right; Brian, Paul, Louise, Margaret and Me  
After few days with the RN Staff College mates, I find it heavy to bids farewell as my journey ticks that I am a bit behind dead reckoning. Paul was good to cook dinner for us at our last nite and as we depart we vowed to stay healthy and safe with a looming opportunity to meet again soon.
 Thank you Paul and Louise for inviting me for dinner. Thank Brian and Margaret for sending me home. We will meet again Insha Allah.
  ......and my journey continues.

No comments: