Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pic of the Day

27 August 2013

  You took many wonderful pictures of your travel episodes, some may come up best of the best at least that what you think. Like wise, I have that kind of pictures too though many have also saved in my own memory bank - my brain.
  During the recent Alaska ride, this pic is one of the best I would treasured most:

Passing the Atigun Pass, Dalton highway 

On the way up to Prudhoe Bay, one may have to pass this Pass. It was raining, road was muddy, slick, and left over snow from 2 day before along the sideway and freezing cold. It was passable to traffic. A truck overtook me fast down this slope, throwing mud, stones all over me. Damn you, why cant you sloe down!
 On the return leg, snow and ice rain along the Pass though it was sunny still it freezing cold. This critical pass determined whether one can continue to Prudhoe Bay or Fairbanks. In some months the Pass is closed for all traffics. If you are stranded there turn back to Coldfoot or Prudhoe bay which ever direction you came  from. I have not read anyone camp along the Pass. If you are not prepared do not attempt camping there. At best the temperature there in winter could just be around -10 degree C.
 Please comment this pic.
My journey continue to Anchorage and the Kenai Peninsula.
 

No comments: